Terms of Service
Last modified: 22 October 2018
THE COMPANY IS A SOLUTIONS COMPANY THAT DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AND THE COMPANY IS NOT A TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER. IT IS UP TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS TO OFFER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO YOU AND IT IS UP TO YOU TO ACCEPT SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES. THE SERVICE OF THE COMPANY IS TO LINK YOU WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, BUT DOES NOT NOR IS IT INTENDED TO PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES OR ANY ACT THAT CAN BE CONSTRUED IN ANY WAY AS AN ACT OF A TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER AND/OR ANY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU.
- Representations and Warranties
You may only access the Service using authorized means. It is your responsibility to check and ensure that you have downloaded the correct Software for your device. The Company is not liable if you do not have a compatible device or if you have downloaded the wrong version of the Software to your device. The Company reserves the right not to permit you to use the Service should you use the Application and/or the Software with an incompatible or unauthorized device or for purposes other than which the Software and/or the Application is intended to be used.
By using the Software or the Application, you agree that:
- You will only use the Service for lawful purposes;
- You will only use the Service for the purpose for which it is intended to be used;
- You will comply with Grab’s community guideline at grab.com/communitystandards
- You will not use the Application for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes;
- You will not use the Application and/or the Software to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience or make fake bookings;
- You will not use the Service, the Application and/or the Software for purposes other than obtaining the Service;
- You shall not contact the third party transportation provider for purposes other than the Service;
- You will not impair the proper operation of the network;
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to the third party transportation provider;
- You will not try to harm the Service, the Application and/or the Software in any way whatsoever;
- You will not copy, or distribute the Software or other content without written permission from the Company;
- You will only use the Software and/or the Application for your own use and will not resell it to a third party;
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the Service;
- You will provide the Company with proof of identity as it may reasonably request or require;
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information as required for the Service and undertake the responsibility to maintain and update your information in a timely manner to keep it accurate, current and complete at all times during the term of this Agreement. You agree that the Company may rely on your information as accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if your information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, the Company has the right but not the obligation to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time with or without notice;
- You will only use an access point or data account which you are authorized to use;
- You shall not employ any means to defraud the Company or enrich yourself, through any means, whether fraudulent or otherwise, through any event, promotion or campaign launched by the Company to encourage new subscription or usage of the Service by new or existing passengers;
- You are aware that when requesting transportation services by SMS or use of the Service, standard telecommunication charges will apply;
- You shall not cause a nuisance or behave in an inappropriate or disrespectful manner towards the Company or the third party transportation provider regardless of any misgivings that you may have against the Company or the third party transportation provider;
- You shall not impair or circumvent the proper operation of the network which the Service operates on;
- You agree that the Service is provided on a reasonable effort basis; and
- You may choose to pay for the transportation services by cash and where available, by credit card and or debit card (“Card”).
- In the event that you choose to pay for the transportation services by Card, you will need to register a valid Card which belongs to you in accordance with the instructions within the Application.
- If the Card belongs to another person, such as your parents, you hereby warrant and agree that you have obtained their permission to use the Card for the payment of the transportation services.
- You agree that we may verify and authorize your Card details when you first register the Card with us as well as when you use the Service.
- You agree that we may issue a reasonable authorization hold, which is not an actual charge against your Card or GrabPay Credits balance, in order to verify your payment method via your Card or GrabPay Credits balance. The authorized hold amount will be based on the upper bound fare shown at the time of your booking and may include up to the maximum extra charges (for example, Tolls & Others or Booking Fees, where applicable) permissible on the Application. The hold may appear in your statement as “pending”. The authorization hold is issued as a preventive measure against any unauthorized or fraudulent usage of your Card or GrabPay Credits.
- In the event your payment by your Card is processed overseas, you will be liable for any additional charges in relation thereto.
- When you register for the Service, you will have the option to pre-set a default “tip” amount of your choosing. This will automatically be added to the transportation fee at the end of each journey and given to the third party transportation provider
unless you choose to override it with a different tip amount or to remove the tip.
- Once you have completed a journey using the Service, you are required to make payment in full to the third party transportation provider and your payment will be deducted automatically and is non-refundable. If you have any complaints in relation to the transportation service provided, then that dispute must be taken up with the third party transportation provider directly.
- You agree that you will cooperate in relation to any financial crime screening that is required and to assist the Company in complying with any prevailing laws or regulations in place.
- You shall be responsible to resolve any disputes with your Card company on your own.
- GrabPay Credits
Consumer advisory – the GrabPay Credits are regarded as a stored value facility under Singapore law. The Company, the holder of the GrabPay Credits stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. You are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully.
- You may purchase credits (“GrabPay Credits”) which may be used to pay for the transportation services. Grab may also in its sole and absolute discretion allocate GrabPay Credits to you at no cost to you. The maximum amount of GrabPay Credits that you can hold at any time is S$999.00.
- You may choose to purchase GrabPay Credits through any of the methods as may be made available in the Application or as may be notified to you from time to time. Selecting a particular payment method means you are agreeing to the terms of service of the Company’s processing partners and your financial institution. You will bear all fees that may be charged by such processing partners and/or your financial institution (if any) for the payment method you have selected.
- The Company may at its sole and absolute discretion reject your request to purchase GrabPay Credits for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, where your proposed GrabPay Credits purchase:
(a) would cause the aggregate amount of stored value held by the Company, directly or indirectly, alone or together with any person over whom the Company has control or influence, to exceed S$30 million; or
(b) would cause the amount of GrabPay Credits held by you (or in the case of transfers of GrabPay Credits, the recipient of the transfer) to equal S$1,000.00 or more.
- The GrabPay Credits will only be valid for one (1) year from the date of their last purchase or spend, whichever later. The expiry date set out in the Application shall serve as conclusive evidence of the expiry date of your GrabPay Credits. The Company shall have the right to deal with the expired GrabPay Credits in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion. You hereby agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against the Company for any expired GrabPay credits.
- The GrabPay Credits are not redeemable for cash nor are they refundable under any circumstances. They cannot be resold or exchanged for value under any circumstances. The GrabPay Credits shall not be regarded, construed, or used as valuable or exchangeable instruments under any circumstances.
- You may transfer GrabPay Credits to, and receive GrabPay Credits from, other GrabPay Credit users. The Company may decide to reverse or refuse transfers of GrabPay Credits at any time and at its sole discretion.
- You will not receive interest or other earnings on your GrabPay Credits. The Company may receive interest on amounts that the Company holds on your behalf. You agree to assign your rights to the Company for any interest derived from your GrabPay Credits.
- You should ensure that you have sufficient GrabPay Credits to pay for the transportation services. If you have insufficient credit balance to pay for the transportation services, you may purchase additional GrabPay Credits so that you may complete your payment for the transportation services.
- You may check your GrabPay Credits balance in the Application. The GrabPay Credits balance set out in the Application shall serve as conclusive evidence of your GrabPay Credits.
- GrabRewards Loyalty Programme
- By using the Application, you will automatically be a member of the loyalty programme named “GrabRewards Loyalty Programme” operated by the Company and/or its Affiliates (“GrabRewards Loyalty Programme”).
- As a member of the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme, you will gain access to the e-vouchers, promotions, discounts, free gifts, promotion codes and other benefits offered by the Company and/or third party merchants as shown on the rewards catalogue that is made available from time to time in the Application (“Rewards”).
- The Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, award you points (“Points”) which can be used to redeem for Rewards.
- The Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, issue you 1 Point for every S$1.00 of the lower bound fare shown at the time when you make your booking for qualifying GrabTaxi transportation services in Singapore (promotion code discounts, fare discounts redeemed from Rewards or other fare adjustments applied in connection with the qualifying GrabTaxi transportation services excluded). For instance, if the estimated fare shown at the time of your booking for your GrabTaxi ride is between S$10.00 to S$13.00 and you received a S$3.00 discount, the Company, may at its sole and absolute discretion, issue you 7 Points for S$7.00, being the lower bound fare shown at the time of your booking excluding fare discounts.
- The Points are calculated on a per transaction basis and rounded up to the nearest whole number if the decimal is more or equal to 0.5 Points, and down to the nearest whole number if the decimal is equal or less than 0.49 Points. For instance, if the estimated fare shown at the time of your booking for a GrabTaxi ride is between S$10.50 to S$13.00, the Company, may at its sole and absolute discretion, issue you 11 Points.
- The Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, increase or decrease the rate of Points to be awarded for each selected transaction as may be notified to you from time to time. You shall not be entitled to request from the Company any explanation pertaining to the calculation methods (for crediting the Points) or other matters relating to the Points or discounts for whatsoever purposes.
- Points earned:
- between 1 January to 30 June in a calendar year are valid until 31 December of that calendar year; and
- between 1 July to 31 December in a calendar year are valid until 30 June of the next calendar year.
- You must use your Points earned to redeem for Rewards during their applicable validity period. There shall be no extension of time for the validity period of any unused Points. The Company shall have the right to deal with the expired Points in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion You agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against the Company for any expired Points.
- Points have no cash or monetary value and are not redeemable for cash in any form. They cannot be purchased, resold or transferred, for value or otherwise, under any circumstances. Points shall not be regarded, construed, or used as valuable or exchangeable instruments under any circumstances.
Redemption of Rewards
- If you comply with all these terms and conditions and have the required number of Points, you may select and redeem applicable Rewards via the Application. Your redemption of a Reward that is an e-voucher is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the Company or the third party merchant (as the case may be) that offers the particular e-voucher that you wish to redeem.
- You must use your e-vouchers redeemed during their applicable validity period. There shall be no extension of time for the validity period of any e-voucher redemption dates. You agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against the Company for any expired e-vouchers.
- Rewards are not redeemable for cash nor are they exchangeable for other Rewards under any circumstances. They cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value under any circumstances. Rewards shall not be regarded, construed, or used as valuable or exchangeable instruments under any circumstances.
- Points that you have successfully redeemed for a Reward cannot be exchangeable for another Reward under any circumstances. No requests for exchange of Rewards will be entertained.
- The Company may at its sole and absolute discretion reject your request to redeem Points for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, where there are insufficient Points to redeem for the particular Reward, or where the Reward is no longer made available or out-of-stock by the third party merchant, or where the Points you wish to use for redemption of Rewards have been issued to you in error etc.
- You may check your Points balance and redemptions made in the Application. Your Points balance and redemptions as set out in the Application shall serve as a conclusive evidence of the same.
- The GrabRewards Loyalty Programme offers four (4) membership tiers as follows:
- an entry membership tier known as “Member”;
- a basic membership tier known as “Silver”;
- a mid membership tier known as “Gold”; and
- a premier membership tier known as “Platinum”.
- The number of Points required to upgrade or renew the tiered membership is set out below:
|Membership Tier||Requisite Points to be earned between
1 January to 30 June or 1 July to 31 December in a calendar year
- Points earned between 1 January to 30 June in a calendar year shall qualify you for the applicable membership tier from 1 July to 31 December of that calendar year.
- Points earned between 1 July to 31 December in a calendar year shall qualify you for the applicable membership tier from 1 January to 30 June of the next calendar year.
- Upon expiration of your membership tenure in a particular tier and if you have not earned sufficient Points to be retained in that tier, you shall be downgraded to the next relevant membership tier.
- The benefits and privileges of each membership tier shall be as set out from time to time in the Application.
Cessation of Membership
- If you do not wish to be a member of the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme, you may do so by opting out though the Application.
- You will also automatically cease to be a member of the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme if you delete the Application from your mobile phone.
- Upon your cessation to be a member of the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme, all then outstanding Points at such point of time shall be automatically cancelled. Points should be redeemed before ceasing membership as once cancelled, Points cannot be redeemed. No accumulation or carry over of Points will be permitted even if you subsequently reinstate your membership.
- Fraud or abuse of redemptions may result in the forfeiture of accumulated Points as well as cancellation of your membership in the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme.
- To the extent as permitted by applicable laws, the Company reserves the right at any time to:
- vary, modify or amend the terms and conditions of the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme (including adding or deleting any terms);
- terminate or modify the GrabRewards Loyalty Programme;
- revoke, adjust and/or recalculate any Points awarded;
- change the number of Points required for redemption of specific Rewards or substitute any Reward with another of a similar value;
- change the number of Points that can be earned on spendings on qualifying transportation services;
- modify the qualifications and eligibility for earning Points;
- modify the activities that earn Points;
- modify the methods used to calculate the number of Points to be awarded;
- withhold or cease the awarding of Points to you;
- modify the qualifying Points or other criteria for membership tier upgrades and renewals; and
- change or withdraw any benefits related to a particular membership tier;
without prior notice to you and at its sole discretion.
- The Company may suspend the calculation and accrual of Points to rectify any errors in calculation or adjust the calculation as it reasonably deems fit without giving you prior notice or reason.
- You shall be responsible for any taxes, levies or duties that arise in connection with the issuance of Points to you, your redemption of Points and/or the utilization of Rewards you have redeemed and all costs and expenses relating to the same shall be borne by you.
- Ratings By Third Party Transport Service Providers
The third party transport service providers have the right to rate you as a user of the Service or a user for whom you book the Service (User). Every rating will be based on, but not limited, to the User’s conduct or behavior, before, during or after the ride has been completed.
Every rating will be automatically logged onto the Company’s system and you agree that the Company may analyse all ratings received and reserves the discretion to take all appropriate actions including suspending your use of the Service without any notice to you.
You agree that this Agreement shall be subject to all prevailing statutory taxes, duties, fees, charges and/or costs, however denominated, as may be in force and in connection with any future taxes that may be introduced at any point of time. You further agree to use your best efforts to do everything necessary and required by the relevant laws to enable, assist and/or defend the Company to claim or verify any input tax credit, set off, rebate or refund in respect of any taxes paid or payable in connection with the Service supplied under this Agreement.
- Cancellation Fee
You may cancel your request for transportation services at any time before you commence your ride with the third party transport service provider that has been matched with you by the Service.
You may make up to two (2) cancellations on the Application within a 7-day rolling period without charge. However, you will be charged a cancellation fee of S$5.00 (“Cancellation Fee”) on the third cancellation, and for each subsequent cancellation, made within such 7-day rolling period. The Company may in its sole and absolute discretion vary, modify or amend the Cancellation Fee, the number of cancellations which shall result in the Cancellation Fee being incurred and/or the rolling period without prior notice to you.
Each time before you make a cancellation, you will receive a notification on the Application for you to confirm that you wish to proceed to make the cancellation, and where applicable on the third cancellation, and for each subsequent cancellation, made within a 7-day rolling period, to be charged the Cancellation Fee.
The Cancellation Fee will be automatically deducted from your GrabPay Credits or charged to your Card registered on the Application in accordance with the mode of payment you have selected on the Application. If you have insufficient GrabPay Credits or have not registered a Card, then your access to the Application may be blocked after the second cancellation you make within a 7-day rolling period, until and unless you have purchased GrabPay Credits or register a Card on the Application.
If you feel you were incorrectly charged a Cancellation Fee, you may contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6655 0005 for assistance.
- License Grant & Restrictions
You shall not (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Application and/or the Software in any way; (ii) modify or make derivative works based on the Application and/or the Software; (iii) create internet “links” to the Application or “frame” or “mirror” the Software on any other server or wireless or internet-based device; (iv) reverse engineer or access the Software in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, (v) launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the Application and/or the Software, (vi) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents; (vii) post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights, (viii) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
You may use the Software and/or the Application only for your personal, non-commercial purposes and shall not use the Software and/or the Application to: (i) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages; (ii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including but not limited to materials harmful to children or violative of third party privacy rights; (iii) send material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (iv) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software and/or the Application or the data contained therein; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software and/or the Application or its related systems or networks; or (vi) Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (vii) to abstain from any conduct that could possibly damage the Company’s reputation or amount to being disreputable.
- Intellectual Property Ownership
You shall maintain in confidence all information and data relating to the Company, its services, products, business affairs, marketing and promotion plans or other operations and its associated companies which are disclosed to you by or on behalf of the Company (whether orally or in writing and whether before, on or after the date of this Agreement) or which are otherwise directly or indirectly acquired by you from the Company, or any of its affiliated companies, or created in the course of this Agreement. You shall further ensure that it, its officers, employees and agents only use such confidential information in order to perform the Service, and shall not without the Company’s prior written consent, disclose such information to any third-party nor use it for any other purpose. You shall only disclose such information to such officers, employees and agents as need to know it to fulfil its obligations under this Agreement.
The above obligations of confidentiality shall not apply to the extent that you can show that the relevant information:
- was at the time of receipt already in your possession;
- is, or becomes in the future, public knowledge through no fault or omission of you;
- was received from a third-party having the right to disclose it; or
- is required to be disclosed by law.
- Personal Data Protection
You agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified hereunder.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, credit or debit card details, race, gender, date of birth, email address, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs. The Company may also collect device data (such as your IMEI number and the names of the apps you have installed on your device) for the purpose of fraud prevention measures.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, your request for the Application may be incomplete and the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below and may cause the Company to be unable to allow you to use the Service.
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (the “Purpose”):
- To perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered with you;
- To process your participation in any events, promotions, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions and to communicate with you regarding your attendance thereto;
- To respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- To communicate with you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- For purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- For the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, advertisers and or sponsors;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by the Company, its partners, advertisers, and or sponsors; and/or
- To share your Personal Data amongst the companies within the Company’s group of companies comprising the subsidiaries, associate companies and or jointly controlled entities of the holding company of the group (the “Group”) and with the Company’s and Group’s agents, third party providers, developers, advertisers, partners, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you for any reasons whatsoever.
If you do not consent to the Company processing your Personal Data for any of the Purposes, please notify the Company using the support contact details as provided in the Application.
If any of the Personal Data that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your e- mail address, telephone number, payment details or if you wish to cancel your account, please update your details by sending your request to the support contact details as provided in the Application.
The Company will, to the best of its abilities, effect such changes as requested within fourteen (14) working days of receipt of such notice of change.
- Third Party Interactions
- Repair or Cleaning Fees
- Disclaimer of Warranties
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION, THE SOFTWARE AND/OR REWARDS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE SERVICE AND/OR REWARDS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, REWARDS OR OTHER MATERIALS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (E) ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (F) THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE APPLICATION AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (G) THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE TRACKS YOU OR THE VEHICLE USED BY THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER. THE SERVICE AND REWARDS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED TO THE HIGHEST AND MAXIMUM EXTENT.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY SERVICES AND/OR REWARDS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION OR OTHER SERVICES AND
PRODUCTS OBTAINED BY OR FROM THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE REDEMPTION, SUPPLY OR USE OF REWARDS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION OR OTHER SERVICES AND PRODUCTS REMAINS SOLELY AND ABSOLUTELY WITH YOU AND YOU SHALL HAVE NO RECOURSE WHATSOEVER TO THE COMPANY.
- Internet Delays
THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS INCLUDING THE DEVICE USED BY YOU OR THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER BEING FAULTY, NOT CONNECTED, OUT OF RANGE, SWITCHED OFF OR NOT FUNCTIONING. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
- Limitation of Liability
ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY BY YOU SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIMITED TO THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF ALL AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU IN UTILISING THE SERVICE DURING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ECONOMIC, FUTURE SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND LOSS OF DATA, GOODS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY OR CAUSED TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON FOR WHOM YOU HAVE BOOKED THE SERVICE FOR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION, THE SOFTWARE, AND/OR THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, MERCHANT, ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR IS REFERRED TO BY THE SERVICE, THE APPLICATION, THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT ASSESS NOR MONITOR THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY, ABILITY, MOVEMENT OR LOCATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS.
THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES, NEGOTIATIONS OF DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. UNLESS YOU ARE A CORPORATE CUSTOMER WITH A CURRENT CORPORATE ACCOUNT WITH THE COMPANY, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND WILL NOT PLAY ANY ROLE IN MANAGING PAYMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS OFFERED VIA THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME (WITH ALL ITS IMPLICATIONS) RESTS SOLELY WITH AND ON YOU. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, YOUR PARTICIPATION OR MEMBERSHIP IN THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME.
THE QUALITY OF THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES SCHEDULED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO TRANSPORTATION THAT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, DAMAGE, COSTS OR EXPENSES INCURRED, SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED BY YOU ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION OR MEMBERSHIP IN THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- ANY FAILURE OR REFUSAL BY ANY THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS IN ACCEPTING THE POINTS FOR REDEMPTION OR REWARDS REDEEMED;
- ANY LOSS OF DATA AND RECORDS RELATING TO THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME;
- ANY ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR WILFUL DEFAULT ON THE PART OF THE THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS PROVIDING THE REWARDS;
- ANY ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR WILFUL DEFAULT ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS RELATING TO THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME; AND
- ANY LOSS OF VALUE OR BENEFIT THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF ANY CHANGES MADE TO THE GRABREWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAMME.
The Company may give notice by means of a general notice on the Application, electronic mail to your email address in the records of the Company, or by written communication sent by registered mail or pre-paid post to your address in the record of the Company. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by registered mail or pre-paid post) or 1 hour after sending (if sent by email). You may give notice to the Company (such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Company) by letter sent by courier or registered mail to the Company using the contact details as provided in the Application.
In the event that the law in an Alternate Country does not allow jurisdiction to be that of the courts of Singapore or where judgment of a Singapore court is unenforceable in the Alternate Country, unresolved disputes shall be referred to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”), in accordance with the Rules of the SIAC as modified or amended from time to time (the “Rules”) by a sole arbitrator appointed by the mutual agreement of the parties (the “Arbitrator”). If parties are unable to agree on an arbitrator, the Arbitrator shall be appointed by the President of SIAC in accordance with the Rules.
The seat and venue of the arbitration shall be Singapore, in the English language and the fees of the Arbitrator shall be borne equally by the parties, provided that the Arbitrator may require that such fees be borne in such other manner as the Arbitrator determines is required in order for this arbitration clause to be enforceable under applicable law.
You hereby agree that the Company is entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately in the event that you are found to be in breach of any of the terms stipulated in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the termination of this Agreement shall not require the Company to compensate, reimburse or cover any cost incurred by you in the course of you acquiring services from the third party transportation provider under this Agreement.
The Company is a licensee of GrabTaxi Holdings Pte Ltd (Company No. 201316157E and having its registered address at 6 Shenton Way, #38-01 OUE Downtown, Singapore 068809) for the Application.